Anonymous: your martells graphic is stunning!!! what people did you cast as them? it's the closest to what i imagined sand snakes to be like, you are a genius! <3
Thank you so much! I chose all fashion models, so it isn’t much of a fancasting, but I was aiming more towards the closest visual of how I imagined The Sand Snakes. But the models I used for the graphic were Iman Mcdonnaugh as Obara, Jasmine Sanders as Sarella, and Daniela Braga as Tyene. My Nymeria is from this photo by Marc Lagrange (not sure of the model’s name unfortunately :/),
: then now is probably a good time to remind you about the season two finale and the permanent scar it left on my soul in cigarette ash. and latin.
Noooooooooooooooo D: Although, I thought I had watched through season 2, but now I’m not sure?? I just read a synopsis and none of it sounds familiar to me. THIS SHOW WILL BE MY RUIN, I SWEAR TO YOU.
1. The meaning behind my URL: a lyric from Sweeney Todd
3. Why I love my bestfriend: Even though we no longer live in the same city, we are always on the same wave length on basically everything. It’s actually eerie. I never feel like we lose touch, even if we haven’t talked in a bit. I always know I can text him with some weird tidbit I find hilarious, and he will have the exact same reaction.
5. Piercings I have: My lobes are double pierced, and I have a cartilage piercing.
7. Biggest turn off(s): As I said before, racism/homophobia/sexism. Any ism. And indifference.
9. Tattoos I want: I’m always playing with ideas, but the main two I have wanted for the longest are a small anchor and part of a Whitman poem.
11. Age: 23
13. Life goal(s): Right now I’m kind of in this weird place in my life where I’m realizing that I need to reassess myself. I’ve spent too much time allowing myself to be miserable and complacent. And I think the first step is just kind of… figuring out what I love and what I want, because I’ve lost it a bit. But, more concretely, I’ve always wanted to write a screenplay (and maybe even direct it, ‘cause Nora Ephron will 5eva be my lifespo). And my other main goal right now is to move to New York. So. That is my very vague and unsatisfying answer!
15. Relationship status: Chronically single
17. A fact about my life: I sleep with at least 5 pillows cocooned around me every night, haha
19. Middle name: Margaret
16. Favorite movie: too many to choose, but if I have to limit myself, I’d say Manhattan or Harold & Maude
17. A fact about my life: Hm. I’ve never in my life had to buy a toothbrush or toothpaste because my Dad works in the dental industry and we have an unending supply of free samples he gets at dental shows and stuff!
18. Phobia: I don’t have one.
7. Biggest turn off(s): OH GOD HOW LONG DO WE HAVE? No, but realtalk, anything remotely sexist/homophobic/racist/etc is such a huge turn off for me. I’m not really a huge ~social justice blogger~, but social issues are a huge concern of mine, so if we couldn’t find common ground there, I wouldn’t be interested in a relationship. Also, indifference? Having something outside of yourself that you’re passionate about is a must for me.
14. Piercings I want: I’ve been toying with the idea of a nose ring for nearly a year now, but am still undecided. I’ll probably end up with another piercing in my ear lobes in the next few weeks though (which will be my third)
1. The meaning behind my URL: Sondheim made me do it.
6. Favorite Band: Oh God, I’m not sure that I have an ~all time~ favorite, as I seem to gravitate a lot towards single artists, but The Black Keys, The Kills, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, The Smiths, The Kinks, etc.
9. Tattoos I want: The main two I’m wanting right now are a small anchor (probably on my forearm somewhere) and part of a Whitman poem on my upper inner arm :) Hopefully in the next few months they’ll be happening
18. Phobia: I don’t have any.
Anonymous: What would you do if money didn't matter?
Buy a lot of wine, jewelry and clothes and live it up Norma Desmond style.
But honestly, I think I’d want to write and direct films. If I could model my ~dream career~ after anyone, it would probably be Nora Ephron and Woody Allen.
Anonymous: what are some of your favorite clothing stores?
I mainly shop at Forever 21, H&M, and thrift stores. A little less frequently at ASOS, Urban Outfitters, and Modcloth. I usually supplement with basics from Target or Old Navy (which is hit or miss for me, but I work there so I can scout out good stuff and use my employee discount on basics). In a perfect world I’d have enough cash to shop frequently at Anthropologie or Free People.
: Love your style! Mind my asking where you got your shoes?
Thank you so much! I actually found them at a local thrift store for $2, but the brand is Eastland. They were an incredibly lucky find as they were hardly worn at all. These seem to be the exact loafers straight off the Eastland website. If you’re going for something cheaper, definitely scour thrift shops. I’ve seen tons of similar loafers at 2nd hand shops. Hope that was helpful :)
Anonymous: do you have a twitter?
Not anymore. I had one a few years back, but struggled with being witty and fabulous in under 140 characters and ended up deleting it. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying again, but eh…
Anonymous: love you're blog, such a grand mix of class and fiest! Xx
Wow, thank you so much :)
: hi i just saw the post about fassbender...you mentioned woody allen, i'm aware of polanski's wrongs but not woody allen...help me out :)
Basically, Woody Allen had a relationship with partner Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn. Supposedly the relationship began when she of age, but Allen had essentially been a step-father for over 10 years. When Farrow and Allen separated, she found nude photos of Soon-Yi that Allen had taken. Farrow also accused Allen of molesting their 7 year old adopted daughter Dylan. Evidence was ultimately ruled inconclusive, but there is definitely a lot of sketchy and not-okay stuff there. Still, he’s one of my favorite directors of all time, and while there are a lot of conflicting feelings, I do feel that artistic achievements should ultimately be evaluated outside of an artist’s personal life. Like I said elsewhere, enjoying films/music/actors/whatever does not condone abuse.